My child, you are almost nine months old. In the last three months you’ve gone from a wobbly sit to a confident crawl; from still to constant motion. You’ve gone from only ever mama’s milk to fruits, veggies, yogurt, and Cheerios. You’re growing! Here are some of my favorite pictures from this month.
Preparations for winter: knitting sweaters. Del models.
Del Walls has his first tooth!
It appeared a few days ago, making its presence known with a little stab during a naptime nursing. Yipes!
So, the day it showed up, I took pictures:
I said noooooo.
OK, man, ok. Be stingy with your tooth…
Today I tried again:
You wanna show them my tooth…?
WHAT PART OF NO DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?
Tough luck, peeps.
My smart, gorgeous, happy son. We played together for an hour this morning, just trying out one toy after another and talking about them: what color they were, what sound they made, what they were called. I love this.
Many thanks to my great friend and fellow photographer, Kristi Meacham for her beautiful photos – a little six-month birthday present to her favorite baby in the whole wide world from his bestest auntie. Won’t it be fun to look at these with him when he’s bigger?
This might be my favorite stage yet, in spite of the new set of challenges of changing sleep patterns and teething that strike about now. Del is getting so playful, opinionated and “interactive”. His interests and personality are beginning to emerge and every day reveals some new little thing he learns or discovers. Also, I did a set of 6 month photos that I am very proud of.
A few new facts about you, Del:
- You’re sitting up! It’s just the most adorable thing ever, and happened almost overnight. After just a week or so of helping you balance, you had the whole thing down. The coolest part is watching you fold all the way to the floor, then lift yourself back up.
- You weigh 17 lbs 8 oz. – staying right in that 50th percentile range.
- You are getting too chubby for your Bumbo chair, but it’s still in use. I think we’re going to need a full on high chair soon though!
- You are Mr. Social, always interested in people you meet, and you hate to go to sleep when people are over. You like to be in on the action.
- You are still nursing – which I think puts us in the minority of moms and babies who nurse past 6 months. I love nursing and you’ve gotten very good and comfortable with it. It’s very easy and natural, and I look forward to several more months of this.
- You’re eating solids now and you seem to love this new adventure. So far you’ve had sweet potatoes, bananas, avocado, pears and carrots. You loved everything but carrot – the carrots made you grimace and spit.
- We have to much more deliberate with your sleeping these days to make sure you get enough sleep. You’re a light sleeper during the day – I blame the construction across the street, but it might just be your little Rabbit temperament. And we’re working on getting you to accept an earlier bedtime. It has not been easy.
- You love swimming! Thanks to Dad’s bathtime practices, you are so relaxed and happy in the water that you lay on your back and kick like mad. With Dad’s help, you are even beginning to float on your own, to the amazement of your parents and the other parents at the pool.
- You still love Somebunny for naps and bedtime. And now that you’re rolling around and sitting up, even more toys are fun to you. You especially like the mirror on your playmat, and a set of fabric blocks that Don & Linda brought to you.
- You’re a little jabberer but no words yet. I am pretty sure you know some words though – when I say or sign milk, you nestle down to nurse. We are going to begin working on some more signs now.
My little Red Bean, here you are at 6 months:
I can hardly believe our baby is six months old already! The time has gone by so very quickly. There’s barely a moment to soak in one phase of babyhood before another begins. Tonight we had family photos taken with Auntie Kristi, so I’ll post those as soon as I get them back. I plan to shoot some six month photos of Del of my own too. In the meantime, here are some favorites off my iPhone from the last few weeks as Del has approached the six month mark!